EPA at 50: Progress for a Stronger Future
Born in the wake of elevated concern about environmental pollution, EPA was established on December 2, 1970 to consolidate in one agency a variety of federal research, monitoring, standard-setting, and enforcement activities to ensure environmental protection. Since its inception, EPA has been working for a cleaner, healthier environment for the American people.
- The Origins of EPA
- EPA's Administrators
- Historical Photos and Images
- Videos about EPA History
- Laws and Executive Orders
- The Clean Air Act
- The Clean Water Act
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Superfund: CERCLA Overview
- The Toxic Substances Control Act
- Celebrating Partnerships
- Our Nation's Air
- Explore Water Accomplishments
- National Water Program Performance
- EPA Research
- Superfund Annual?Accomplishments?
- EPA Enforcement Annual Results
- Chemicals under TSCA
- National Compliance Initiatives
- National Overview: Facts and Figures on Materials, Wastes and Recycling?
- Brownfields Program Accomplishments and Benefits
- FY2018 - FY2022 EPA Strategic Plan
How many days until EPA's 50th birthday?
EPA turns 50 on December 2.
"In Their Own Words"
You may need to refresh this page or click the play button if it doesn't play automatically.